Seema Dasani’s education and experience spans over 20 years in corporate and wellness settings. Seema, CHHC AADP, has a Certification in Holistic Health Counseling. Seema specializes in the area of Personal Transformation through True Nourishment. Her work is centered on facilitating and guiding people along their own journey towards once again rediscovering who they really are. Seema integrates her expertise in Nutritional/Wellness Counseling, Psychology of Eating, Reiki (energy healing), Meditation, Zumba and Emotion Freedom Technique among other tools and techniques she has incorporated into her own journey of personal transformation and true nourishment, outside in and inside out. Seema shares the wisdom she has gained and brings a deeper level of understanding and compassion to the challenges faced by her clients. She receives her clients fully with an open heart and in that process, true healing and growth occurs. Seema walks her talk and is happy to be inspiring and guiding others on their journey to knowing, loving and accepting themselves.
- Workshop: What Nourishes You?
- Quinnipiac University’s School of Nursing, North Haven CT, May 2014
- Workshop: Embracing Emotional Eating: Loving Your Relationship with Food
- CT Holistic Health and Lifestyle Alliance, October 2012
- Workshop: Food and Self: An Intentional Relationship
- CT Holistic Health and Lifestyle Alliance, June 2012
- Workshop: Nourish Your Body, Nurture Your Soul:
- Stamford Hispanic Senior Center, June 2012
- Truthful Simple Truth with Nick Oddo, Sept 2012
- Fairfield Library, February 2013
- Workshop: Eat Right, Think Right, Live Right:
- Danbury Library, Danbury CT, June 2012
- Stratford Library, Stratford CT, June 2012
- Whole Foods Market Tribeca NYC, May 2012
- Mark Twain Library, Redding CT, May 2012
- Alliance for Sacred Consciousness, Monroe CT, May 2012
- Fairfield Library, Fairfield CT, April 2012
- CT Holistic Health and Lifestyle Alliance, Naugatuck CT, April 2012
- Wilton YMCA, Wilton CT, April 2012
- Norwalk Library, Norwalk CT, March 2012
- Albert Schweitzer Institute, Quinnipiac University, Hamden CT, February 2012
- Whole Foods Market Tribeca, New York CT, January 2012
- Wilton Library, Wilton CT, January 2012
- Westport Library, Westport CT, January 2012
- The Recharging Station, Bethel CT, October 2011
- Tranquil Spirit, Wilton CT, October 2011
- Whole Foods Market, Fairfield CT, September 2011
- Workshop: Principles of Eating Right, Recharging Station and Natural Awakenings Event, Bethel CT.
- Guest Speaker: Overcoming Emotional Eating, Whole Foods Market Immersion, Naples FL, March 2011
- Graduation Speaker: What I have Learnt…and Advice for the Graduating Class, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York NY, July 2010 (final live class)
- Keynote Speaker: Eat Right America Program Launch, Global Corporate Wellness Initiative with Take Care Health and MBIA , Armonk, New York, March, 2010
- Speaker and Trainer: Eat Right America Program Launch, Whole Foods Market Headquarters, Regional Offices and Local Stores, October 2009 to October 2010
- Speaker: Action Plan for Success, Whole Foods Market Immersion, Ogunquit, ME, September 2010.
- Speaker: Understanding Your Nutrition Prescription, Whole Foods Market Immersion, Naples FL and Ogunquit ME, February and September 2010
COACHING AND PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Group Workshop: Four Pillars of Wellness, November 2011
- Communications materials leading up to Whole Foods Immersion, fully supporting participants during Immersion and all the post-Immersion support ranging from one-on-one coaching, daily emails and monthly conference calls.
- Health Coach to Whole Foods Market Team Members in supporting the launch of the Health Start Here initiative.
- Wellness Coach to individuals, effectively getting them to lose weight and, in some cases, eliminating the need for ongoing prescription medication to manage their chronic diet-related health conditions.
- Spokesperson in numerous Health Fairs to promote the Eat Right America Program, February 2010 to October 2011
CONTENT AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Developed Eat Right America training protocols for Whole Foods Market to enable successful launch of their Health Starts Here Initiative.
- Developed Eat Right America programs and communications to empower customers to successfully reach their weight and health goals.
- Rewrote Eat Right America’s Nutrition Prescription (NP), a Personal Nutrient Assessment and Eating Plan, to include significantly more information, insights and actionable recommendations to drive behavioral change.
- Created a 28-Day Action Plan that provides step-by-step direction on how people can live the Eat Right America program.
- Developed content for and managed the end-to-end production of Eat Right America’s Nutritarian Handbook, a Complete Food Scoring Guide and Dietary Program
- Developed scripts with Dr. Joel Fuhrman for the 12 video series on how to become a Nutritarian, someone who strives to consume and learns to prefer foods that are nutritious.
- Developed scripts for and managed the production of Eating Like a Nutritarian DVD
- 2014 to Present: Meditation Group Facilitator — Silver Hill Hospital, New Canaan, CT
- 2010 to Present: Speaker, Blogger, Holistic Health Counselor, Reiki Practitioner
- 2009 to 2011: Partner, VP Wellness Programs — Eat Right America, New Canaan, CT
- 2009 to Present: Board Member, American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- 1996 to 2009: Managing Associate, Recruiting Director & Head of Client Management — New England Consulting Group, Wesport, CT
- Level II Reiki Attunement with Cell Memory Release, 2016
- Zumba Certification Training, 2014
- Institute for Psychology of Eating, 2012
- Level II Reiki Training, 2010
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition Graduate Immersion Program, 2009
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition and Columbia University, Health Coach Certification, 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, Communications and Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, 1996